Read about our policies
on your privacy...
We have developed this Privacy Notice because we want you to feel confident about the privacy and the security of your personal information. Springfield Financial Services Ltd (company number 1410871) whose registered office is at Springfield House, Navigation Way, Preston, PR2 2YP, is committed to complying with the data protection laws in the United Kingdom, and we reference the following legislation:
• Data Protection Act 1998;
From 25th May 2018, new data protection laws will come into force in the United Kingdom, as follows:
• General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)
Hereinafter known as the “Acts”.
When we refer to “personal information” or “personal data” in this Privacy Notice, we mean information which identifies you as an individual, or is capable of doing so. In the context of this Privacy Notice, the terms “personal information” and “personal data” may be used interchangeably.
Where we rely on your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
When do we collect information?
We will collect information from you when you apply to use any of our services, become our client, or contact us in person, by telephone, by e-mail or by post. We may collect information about you from fraud prevention agencies and other organisations when we undertake checks such as identification verification checks, as explained further below.
What information will we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Your contact details, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Your date of birth, nationality, country of birth, country of residence, employment status and tax identification number (i.e. National Insurance Number);
- Passport details, driving licence and utility bills;
- Details of the services you request from us;
- Any records held by financial crime prevention agencies, on the Electoral Register and by providers of utility services; and
- Details of your employment status, income and source of wealth;
- Details of savings, investments, pensions & other financial arrangements.
Before we can begin providing you with our services, we need to obtain certain information about you, so that we can verify your identity in order for us to meet our obligations under the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds Regulations 2017, the Criminal Justice (Proceeds of Crime) (Financial Services Businesses) and any other applicable legislation and for the purposes of crime prevention and fraud prevention. You are obliged to provide this information and if you do not provide it, we will be unable to provide you with our services.
We also collect information from you when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback or complete a contact form on our website. When you access or use our websites, website usage information is collected using cookies.
How we will use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to process your request to use our services;
- to undertake checks such as identification verification checks with
- to comply with our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to help protect your information and prevent unauthorised access to it;
- to deal with any queries, complaints or problems reported by you;
- to generate statistics relating to use of our website, such as the popularity of certain features or services. We do not use personally identifiable information for these purposes;
- if required to do so by law and to the extent necessary for the proper operation of our systems, to protect us/our customers, or for the enforcement of any agreement between you and us;
- to notify you of changes to our services; and
- to help improve the services we provide to you.
How we protect your information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information from unauthorised access and disclosure. For example, only authorised employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorised persons from gaining access to your personal information.
Despite our efforts regarding security it is important to bear in mind that the internet is not a secure means of communication. Personal information communicated through the internet may be intercepted by other people. We cannot guarantee the security of personal information sent to us through this website. You accept that you use this website at your own risk.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information:
- to our providers, IT providers, services providers and agents in order to provide and maintain the provision of the services;
- to our appointed auditors, accountants, Compliance Officer, lawyers and other professional advisers, to the extent that they require access to the information in order to advise us;
- to fraud prevention agencies and other organisations to allow us to undertake the checks set out below. We will supply details of such agencies on request;
- to providers of investments or services we recommend, including providers of pensions, offshore bonds, onshore bonds, trusts, investment platforms, discretionary management services, mortgages, mortgage protection products, insurance products or other such products or services. We may also be required to share information with auditors appointed by the providers of such products or services;
- if required to do so by the Financial Conduct Authority, or any relevant regulatory authority where they are entitled to require disclosure;
- if required to do so to meet applicable law, the order of a Court or market rules and codes of practice applicable to the circumstances at the time;
- to investigate or prevent fraud or activities believed to be illegal or otherwise in breach of applicable law;
- if tax regulations require us to collect information about each investor’s tax residency. In certain circumstances (including if we do not receive a valid self-certification from you), we may be obliged to share information about your account with the relevant tax, payments and customs authority, who may pass this on to tax authorities in other jurisdictions;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if any one of the group of companies or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its clients may be one of the transferred assets.
Fraud Prevention Checks
We may carry out automated checks using your personal data, such as your name, postal address, date of birth, telephone numbers and employment status. These checks may include identification verification checks and financial crime checks and involve us obtaining information from fraud prevention agencies and any records held by financial crime prevention agencies, on the Electoral Register, Credit checks and providers of utility services.
We need to carry out these checks in order to meet our obligations under the Money Laundering Regulations (and any other applicable legislation). The information obtained from these checks is used by us to determine if we can accept you as a client, whether further information is required or the application is rejected, based on factors such as whether we have been able to verify your identity.
We may make periodic searches with fraud prevention agencies during the course of our relationship with you to verify the information we hold remains correct and that there has been no change in your status (for example when you are a politically exposed person or if you have been subject to a financial sanction). We and other organisations (who may be from other countries) may use and access the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
We may also provide information to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention to protect ourselves and our customers from theft and/or fraud. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified or reasonably suspected, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies who will record this. This information may also be accessed by law enforcement agencies. This information may be used by us, other Group companies and other organisations to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when processing applications for services or for debt recovery.
We are committed to only keeping your personal data for as long as we need to in order to fulfil the relevant purpose(s) it was collected for, as set out above in this notice, and for as long as we are required or permitted to keep it by law.
We retain copies of our customer contracts in order to enable us to deal with any legal issues and the information provided to us for identification verification checks, financial crime and anti-money laundering checks (as required by law) for at least 6 years after termination or expiry of the product contract.
We will keep records of pension transfers, pension conversions, pension opt-outs or Free Standing Additional Voluntary Contributions indefinitely.
We retain details of complaints indefinitely.
We shall keep advice related records of the following for at least 6 years as a result of a regulatory obligation to the FCA:
- call recordings, electronic communications and minutes of face-to-face meetings;
- suitability and appropriateness assessments;
- periodic statements (for example, valuations); and
- all orders and transactions in financial instruments on your behalf (including information about your identity).
Transferring information overseas
We may share your personal information with our service providers and this may involve transferring it to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) whose data protection laws may not be as extensive as those which apply to us. Where we do so, we will ensure that we do this in accordance with the Acts and take appropriate measures to ensure that the level of protection which applies to your personal information processed in these countries is similar to that which applies within the EEA. Such measures may include only transferring your data to jurisdictions in respect of which there is a European Commission adequacy decision or, where this is not the case, by using model clauses which have been approved by the European Commission.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using online services. Children under the age of 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, are not permitted to use online services, unless their parent provided verifiable consent.
If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, outside the above circumstances, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Or obtain parental/legal guardian consent if appropriate.
You have the following rights (unless exemptions apply), which can be exercised by contacting us using the details provided below.
- To ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- To access personal data held about you and to obtain a copy of it;
- To prevent any processing of personal data that is causing or is likely to cause unwarranted and substantial damage or distress to you or another individual;
- To request the rectification or completion of personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete;
- To restrict or object to the processing of your personal data (from 25th May 2018 onwards);
- To request its erasure under certain circumstances;
- In certain circumstances, to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit that data to another data controller without hindrance, or to have that personal data transmitted to another data controller, where technically feasible (from 25th May 2018 onwards);
- To be informed about any use of your personal data to make automated decisions about you, and to obtain meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of this processing; and
- To lodge a complaint about the way in which your personal data is being used to your Data Protection Authority: the Information Commissioner’s Office (United Kingdom)
If you would like to lodge a complaint or exercise any of your rights set out above, you can contact us at:
Post: Springfield House, Navigation Way, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 2YP
Alternatively, if you would like to contact your Data Protection Authority, please use the contact details below:-
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
Fax: 01625 524 510
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours which may be of interest to you. We would also like to send you news and information about the financial markets and financial services. We will seek your consent before sending you any such marketing or communications. When you engage with us or apply to use our services you may specify your marketing and communication preferences or indicate that you do not wish to receive news or information. If you have consented to receive marketing communications you may change your preferences or opt-out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com
We may from time to time offer joint or co-branded products and services.
For further information about cookies, visit; https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
You can set your browser settings not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, if you do not consent to cookies being placed on your computer or you set your browser not to accept cookies, some of our website features may not function or you may not be able to access parts of our website.
The cookies we use and our reasons for using them are set out below:
These cookies are used to collect information about how our visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
This cookie relates to the pop-up disclaimer on our website. It enables the website to remember your user type so that our disclaimer does not pop up every time you visit our website.
Springfield Financial Services Ltd will sometimes embed photos and video content from other websites. Pages with this embedded content may present cookies from their websites. Springfield Financial Services Ltd does not control the dissemination of these cookies and we will not block cookies from those websites. You should check the relevant third party website for more information and should read the privacy notices on those sites.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This Privacy Notice was last updated in May 2018 to reflect and comply with the GDPR 2018.
If you have any queries, comments or requests regarding this Notice or you would like to exercise any of your rights set out above, you can contact us at:
Post: Mr A Pilkington, Springfield Financial Services Ltd, Springfield House, Navigation Way, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 2YP
Last updated: May 2018
What our clients tell us
Within the past 3 yrs Springfield have, with their experience in all aspects of inheritance planning, reorganised our financial affairs with energy and enthusiasm. We strongly feel that our investments are much better placed to benefit our family now, and in the future, than prior to Springfield’s involvement as Financial Advisors.
B & M L Turner, Hale, Manchester
Over eight years we have found Springfield Financial blends impressive detailed expertise in taxation and investment with close attention to understanding our family objectives. Their steady support helps us sleep at night.
Anon, Forton, Lancashire
As a long established retailer (est 1878), we are very busy running our main business. We therefore rely heavily on Springfield looking after our investment portfolio in a proactive manner.
Springfield’s skill set is broad and comprehensive and we have found that they have helped us in many ways. They manage to “out- perform” the market in our general investment portfolio and have a simple and effective reporting mechanism that keeps us abreast of what is happening, without us having to read through masses of paperwork.
Regarding pension management, they have greatly helped us and keep us up to speed with what has been a complex and ever-changing situation due to the introduction of a myriad of new rules by the government.
Historically we have experienced other IFAs and Springfield are miles ahead for the needs of busy SME companies.
C Dickinson, Hexham, Northumberland
Financial services, I believe, is based on how good a professional relationship you have with your financial advisor. You have to trust them; you have to respect them; and, if truth be told, you have to like them as a person.
I transferred my business to Springfield when Phil Rogers moved there for all the reasons listed above. As well as the one to one service I have always received from Phil, I now benefit also from the fact that he is supported by a highly capable and motivated team.
I have every confidence in the advice provided by Springfield at a time when my financial matters are of increasing importance i.e. as retirement approaches and would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending them.
B Beech, Hale, Manchester
We have dealt with Springfield Financial Services for a number of years and have found them to be pro-active, professional and extremely approachable. Our clients regularly use their services for both investment and pensions and they have provided very positive feedback on their experience. We will continue to work with Springfield Financial Services and enjoy the excellent relationship that we have with them and their professional advisors.
Solicitor, Leyland, near Preston
I have been with Springfield Financial Services Ltd for several years now and have found them to give excellent financial advice with regards to investments and pensions. I would highly recommend them.
Mrs Park, Lytham St Annes, near Blackpool
Look No Further: Springfield Financial Services Ltd were recommended to my wife and I five years ago on my retirement. We haven’t been disappointed. Having no previous experience of financial planning, we needed someone we could trust to steer us through the minefield of planning for financial security in retirement. Springfield did exactly that. They listened to our desires, expectations and attitude to risk, before formulating a plan that exceeded our original target, despite difficulties caused by the recession in the early years. They are always available to offer advice and provide a calming influence when times are tough. I would thoroughly recommend Springfield Financial Services Ltd to anyone seeking sound financial advice from a company they can trust.
D & C Smith, Preston, Lancashire
From my first meeting with Springfield Financial Services Limited it was clear that their in-depth knowledge far exceeded that of other financial advisers with whom I had spoken. Springfield continues to coach me through my financial options with skill and patience. I am confident that my investments are being safely overseen by experts and consequently I feel my family’s financial wellbeing is secure.
Isobel, Preston, Lancashire
We have been clients of Springfield Financial Services since 2001, through good and challenging times. Their advice and support during the financial troubles of 2008 was invaluable. We genuinely trust and appreciate their professional expertise. They are a very welcoming and efficient team. We have had no hesitation in recommending Springfield to family and friends.
Mr & Mrs Benson, Kirkham, Fylde Borough Lancashire
Begin Your Financial
Journey With Us
With Springfield Financial you'll receive high quality, ongoing independent advice from a trusted financial professional.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Registered in England Number 01410871
Office Opening Hours:
9am-5pm Monday to Friday